27 August 2011

New Wave Night on Darkside Radio – 27 August 2011


Greetings and Salutations! This week marks the second week that I have let the trivial incidents of the week prevent me from taking care of business and finishing my blog. I believe that I may be having a bit of writer's block, only not by my own design. I think I was given the literary equivalent of a cockblock. There I said it.

Thank you, DJ Zephyrael for this, it is still one of my favorites
This week has been an odd one. Greeted with ghost images from the past in the form of photographs, I found myself waxing a bit nostalgic and have decided that tonight's show will be a tribute to the Eighties that was the New Wave that begat the Goth. Coming up with this program was tough; for every song that I wanted to add, I found two more after the fact that I wanted to add. One song that did not make the cut was th Tom Tom Club's "Genius of Love." Sorry, Tina and others, I opted to go with Talking Heads instead.
Below you will find the playlist for the evening as planned to this point. The artists are not necessarily played in that order and the list is subject to change. If you have any requests, follow me on Twitter (twitter.com/xrothechilde) and send me an message.
To listen click here or copy and paste the address below in your browser. You will need to follow the buttons at the top of the page to open your relevant music player.
Darkside Radio - http://darksideradio.com

Tonight's Featured Artists

Sylvia Juncosa
New Order
Men Without Hats
Wall of Voodoo
Switchblade Symphony
They Might be Giants
Billy Idol
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Talking Heads
Tre Lux
The Cars
The Dead Milkmen
Dead Kennedys
The Sex Pistols
Siouxsie and the Banshees
Depeche Mode
Puscifer (dedicated to My 'beth)
Morrissey
Mad Marge and the Stonecutters
The Koffin Kats
HorrorPops
Nekromantix
Reverend Horton Heat
That Handsome Devil
Suicidal Tendencies
Wednesday 13
Ministry
A Perfect Circle
Muse
Lacuna Coil
Garbage
The Gothacoustic Ensemble
The Cure
Nine Inch Nails
Portishead (dedicated to Amy W.B.)
Dead Can Dance (dedicated to The Gothic Barbie: DJ Mirage)

Ads played during the show are from Rockstar's "Grand Theft Auto" Video Game Series.
DJ Xavier and Darkside Radio promos created by DJ Mirage and Ethermagus

No comments:

Post a Comment