21 January 2012

Your Assistance and Input is Requested and Tonight on Darkside Radio


The Octopus waves, beckons you to enjoy the show.
Octopus says: "Dance with the Green Faery!"
Greetings and Salutations! Before I go on and present a list of the tunes that will be playing on tonight's show, I would like to take this opportunity to enlist the aid of any of you dear readers that are interested knowledgeable on the topic, and care to throw in your two cents. Last night, I watched VH1's "100 Greatest Artists of All Time" show. I admit it, I have a thing for history, and music, and there it was combined for my nerdly enjoyment. So feeling a little inspired, and a bit theft-y, I decided to come up with my own list.

My list however, is not going to reach one hundred. In fact, I am only looking for fifty, and I am not looking for artists (re: musicians). Rather, I would like to compile a list of the "Fifty Most Influential Gothic/Industrial Musicians." Now I would be hard pressed to find fifty such artists to qualify, so I will settle for songs. Fifty songs. My idea is to present the list in a blog, and to air the tunes on a broadcast of my show. If you are interested, send your song title (and try to be band specific, please), and if you would like, a short blurb about why you think this song is so relevant. If the song makes the cut, both your words (attributed to you) and the song will make the blog. The songs that will be chosen for the final list will be the ones that receive the most mentions/recommendations. If it helps, after the list is compiled, I can make a ballot to send to those who participate for the final vote. 

What do you think? Send your recommendations to me at: xrothechilde@gmail.com

And now, I present the artists that will be featured on tonight's show. As you may notice, I decided to make tonight's show an old school New Wave and Punk, earlier Gothic show with a dash of Alternative rock and Industrial sounds. To listen, tune to http://darksideradio.com at 10:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (US).

Enjoy!

Tonight's Featured Artists (Subject To Change)

The Doors
Joy Division
Bauhaus
Siouxsie and the Banshees
Hoodoo Gurus
Talking Heads
The Clash
U2
The Cure
Blondie
Adam Ant
Eurythmics
R.E.M.
Depeche Mode
Switchblade Symphony
Evanescence
Lacuna Coil
Sonic Youth
Ministry
Nine Inch Nails
Billy Idol
Muse
Eleven
The B-52's
Berlin
Pale Divine
Kate Bush
Dead Can Dance

So, tune in tonight and enjoy the program. If you have Twitter, @XRothechilde and @Darksideradio give song-to-song updates during the show.

Commercials are from: "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" and "Grand Theft Auto IV"
Promotion spots for DJ Xavier produced and Created by: DJ Mirage, Ethermagus, and DJ Parallax

No comments:

Post a Comment